Preclinical Medicinal Cannabis Research
PC2 accredited pharmacology laboratories supporting investigations of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, as well as characterisation of genetic and environmental determinants of constituent profiles.
Product-specific clinical research, including Phase IIa studies exploring the pharmacokinetics and safety elements of medicinal cannabis products within ICH-compliant clinical trial facilities.
Capability to develop medicinal cannabis medicines from ‘bush to bench to bedside’: from early stage cultivation and pharmacognosy, in vitro and in vivo models, through to clinical studies for a go-to-market evidence-based product.
Our collaboration can provide training in medicinal cannabis for authorised prescribers, as well as general education for the public on therapeutic and safety considerations of the medical prescribing of cannabis.
Medicinal Cannabis Symposium 2018
Australia’s first collaborative medicinal cannabis research symposium was held at NICM in September, 2018. It brought together Australia’s best academics, researchers and educators in the field of medicinal cannabis under one roof, along with several leading international authorities.
Click on the link here for a summary and photos of this landmark event.
- WHO Recommends Rescheduling Cannabis, Provides Clarity On CBD
- European Parliament Passes Cannabis Resolution, Joins WHO Is Supporting Medical Marijuana
- Green Wave: Businesses Look To Medicinal Cannabis
- Medicinal Cannabis Industry Australia Launches At Parliament House
- Desperate Patients Turn To Black Market For Medicinal Cannabis Despite Spike In Legal Prescriptions
- Cannabis Legalisation To Be Delayed By New Parliamentary Rules
- Researchers Announce Completion Of First Clinical Trial Of Marijuana For PTSD In Veterans
Research Fellow, Pharmacognosist & Educator
Professor of Integrative Mental Health
Associate Professor of Behavioural Neuroscience
Associate Professor of Chemistry and Nanotechnology
Professor of Analytical Chemistry
Senior Lecturer In Plant Molecular Biology
Lecturer of Environmental Health and Management